Author Topic: Olympians Devon Kershaw and Chandra Crawford raise cycling awareness in Toronto  (Read 10370 times)

Jason

• MBRC Member
    • Spectrum Visual
Olympians Devon Kershaw and Chandra Crawford raise cycling awareness in Toronto

The Share the Road Cycling Coalition invites you to an evening with Olympic Cross Country skiers Devon Kershaw and Chandra Crawford. Purchase tickets in advance on our Event Registration Page.
Devon first joined forces with Share the Road last year when he and Coalition Founder and CEO Eleanor McMahon organized a Share the Road Ride in Devon’s hometown, Sudbury (July 2009) in memory of Devon’s girlfriend and former national teammate Sophie Marin who was killed on a training ride on her bike in Sudbury on June 3, 2001.
Read More http://www.sharetheroad.ca/
Patience, Persistence, Perseverance

Paul Mang

• MBRC Member
I'll probably go, near me.  Good cause.

Paul

Paul Mang

• MBRC Member
I went to this event and it was great.  Devon gave a great speech about his Olympic experience.  He said it was the first time he talked publicly about it (he's the one who came in 5th in the 50km race, just 1.6sec behind the winner with the famous toe stretch at the finish with the 4th place finisher.  He said that during the race he was so focused on "sitting in" in the pack, he did not know he placed at the finish until after he crossed and looked up at the board!  His focus was so narrow at the end, he was just trying to do his best.  I guess he was really in the "zone".  I wished I had my video camera and taped it.  I think he could be a motivational speaker if he wants to be.

Chandra was very nice.

I also met Eleanor, of Share the Road, and she's great lady.

John, tall, rides a R3 (he rides with us once or twice a year) who's sons are great skate skier was there was his family.  One of his son is Ontario's Jr Skate or Classic Ski Champion!

I think there was just as many skiers as cyclist at the event.

Thanks, Jason.

Jason

• MBRC Member
    • Spectrum Visual
Sounds like a good time
Thanks goes out to John Monette he told me about it.
-J-
Patience, Persistence, Perseverance