MBRC Road Cycling Rides
From Mississauga and abound...
Club Road Cycling Rides
Many of our members also organize other types of rides; Mountain Biking, Cyclocross, Track, Fat Biking, which are organized within the member forum.
The Mississauaga Bicycle Racing Club is mainly a road bicycle riding/racing group, this means that our members use drop handle bar bikes in group road rides, they are light & fast on paved roads, when riding in a MBRC group road ride certain bikes are not allowed:
- Flat mountain bike handlebars are not allowed in road group rides.
- TT style Triathlon bars are not allowed in road group rides.
- Fixed gear track bikes are not allowed in road group rides.
- eBikes are not allowed in any group rides.
There are a few items that are important to a enjoyable road ride, members will need to be prepared for the following:
- To leave at the scheduled time of the roll-out (departure).
- Your bike must be in good working order, your tires at proper pressure & not overly worn.
- You must bring a spare tube, a tire pump & basic tools to preform a tire tube change.
- You must be prepared for the weather, being dressed for the elements, in the colder weather its best to dress in layers, in the heat be prepared with sun block.
- Members must have enough water to make it through the ride distance to the next refuel location.
- Helmets are mandatory on all club rides as per the rules outlined by the OCA insurance policy.
- You should wear a form of eyewear to protect your eyes from UV & miscellaneous debris.
- Bring enough calories for 100-200 cal per hour replenish.
- Understand the route.
- Follow directions from the designated tour leader of your ride.
Sport Club Rides
The Sport Ride is targeted for novice road racers, multi-sport athletes, and intermediate fitness recreational riders. We recommended that new club members ride with the Sport group prior to joining the Sportif ride. There is one designated tour leader for this ride. This ride normally includes at least one rest stop.
Sportif Club Rides
The Sportif ride is a race-inspired group ride. Riders form a tight group for maximum draft from the wind and for easy communication. Group ride etiquette is a must! This ride is targeted for road racers and fast recreational riders. We recommended that new club members ride with the Sport group prior to joining the Sportif ride. There is one designated tour leader for this ride. This ride normally includes one rest stop.
Weekday Training Club Rides
The weekday training rides are race-inspired training ride. Riders form a tight group for maximum draft from the wind and for easy communication. Depending on the group size the riding drills will include echelon practice, pace line practice & sprint efforts. Group ride etiquette is a must! This ride is targeted for road racers, fast recreational riders & riders building their fitness. We recommended that new club members ride with the Sport group on the weekends prior to joining the weekday training ride. There is one designated tour leader for this ride. These rides are non-stop with the exception of mechanicals etc.
- All participants must be club members
- Riders must have completed an OC/CCA waiver and purchased insurance
- All participants must wear a helmet
- Riders who intend to turn back early must advise the ride leader
- Every club member has a “duty of care” to every other member
- It is every members responsibility to ensure their fellow rider is taken care of